Basic reading fluency, such as knowing:
- the letters of the Arabic alphabet in their various forms
- the different vowel signs and what they do to a letter
- when to stretch the sound of a letter
Contents of the course
Learn to apply fundamental reading rules (tajweed) when reciting the Quran. The course is taught at a very simplified level to enable you to apply the rules immediately with minimum fuss.
The lessons will be split between learning the rules one by one and applying them in the Qur’an for practice until the student is comfortable enough to move on to the next rule.
This course is for adults as well as children, Arab and non-Arab, new (revert) Muslims as well as those who have learned to read already but are looking to improve their application of tajweed in their personal reading.
Medium of instruction: English
What you need
- A computer with a high-speed Internet connection and a headset with microphone
- A personal Skype or Zoom account
- A dedicated notebook and stationery
- The textbook – Tuhfatul Atfaal (download here)
Lessons are typically conducted between 1AM and 10AM UTC time zone, Monday-Friday. (Click here to convert times.)
You will be assigned a permanent time slot for every week.
Paid in Singapore Dollars per month via PayPal, debit card, or credit card. (Click here to see currency conversion rates.) A subscription link will be sent to you when your application is accepted.
- Option 1: S$50 per month, per student (one session per week)
- Option 2: S$80 per month, per student (two sessions per week)
- Option 3: S$100 per month, per student (three sessions per week)
1 session = 30 minutes
The student policy contains important information about what to expect from your lessons and what will be expected of you in return. Please take a few minutes to read this before applying.